Great trials. Horrific encounters. Epic adventures. Glittering prizes. Victory. These are all a part of being a hero in the fantasy worlds we explore in our games. But what happens when the bad guys win?
RPG Blog Carnival
This month’s RPG Blog Carnival is all about “When the Bad Guys Win.” We’ll be putting links in the comments below that cover the topic in all sorts of ways, so be sure to check back here often. At the end of the month we’ll compile all the articles into a list, so keep an eye out for that too.
The RPG Blog Carnival is a virtual, traveling, monthly event that moves from blog to blog, covering interesting topics related to our wonderful hobby of tabletop roleplaying games. It’s a great way to see what many talented RPG bloggers are up to, get some ideas, and expand your horizons. Enjoy!
Calling All Bloggers
If you’re a blogger, why not join us?
Write a post on this month’s topic, then post a link to the article in the comments below. How you interpret this month’s topic is up to you, but here are some ideas:
- Talk about running a game where each member of the party is a dastardly villain.
- Give us ideas for cunning, recurring NPC enemies.
- Stat up some diabolical monsters.
- A fiction piece where the heroes lose the fight.
- Paint up some diabolical enemies and share your tips.
- Teach us how to roleplay a great villain.
- Throw some ideas at us for dealing with character death.
- Devise some cunning traps.
- Share some great sources featuring villains.
- Check out the RPG Blog Carnival Archive for even more ideas.
Be sure to check out what others are writing about and keep boosting the signal as we head into 2021.
The Rising Phoenix Games dude.
Rodney is a writer and editor of tabletop RPGs and a painter of Orks. He is worryingly fond of mill decks in Magic: the Gathering and a self-confessed Japanophile.