I could trace the origin of this blog back to many sources, but one of the most prominent must be when I started writing modules for the convention circuit back in Gauteng South Africa, specifically for UPCON and ICON. ICON was actually the first convention I ever attended, going there for comic books (Spider-Man mostly). I came out of that convention with a box of Warhammer 40k, which eventually lead to role-playing. So I kind of think ICON was where most things began for me in a way. But enough rambling, this year again I’m submitting a Pathfinder Roleplaying Game adventure, Death in the Deep.
So, wouldn’t it be neat if players and GM’s could get additional information about the module online? Wouldn’t it be great if other interested readers could get a taste of the adventure? Well, that’s what this page is all about. I’m posting it now, but it’s sure to change as more information and downloads become available here.
#NEWS FLASH! – 30 March 2012# Just submitted the module and all the character sheets. I’m pretty proud of the outcome. I reckon this is my best work so far.
#NEWS FLASH! – 13-14 April 2012 Play Test# Our Japan group, who were a witch, wizard, fighter and stow away rouge (she only joined the fight when the Loreley split in two, managed to wound the sea serpent so badly that it ended up with a Dex of 8 and made it’s escape. The adventurers then made it to land where they sheltered for the night, uncomfortably close to a boggard camp. They then made their way on foot and by horse to Dead Mans Landing, passing the town of Gold Bridge, ruled by Duke One-Eye. They found Lantern Tower to be trapped, a store house for the 8-9-3.
It pays to be ready. All the following items are not required, but may prove useful to GM’s running the module.
- A pirate costume, because pirates are cool, nuff said.
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Combat, a great supplement for battles at sea.
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: The Pathfinder Bestiary, includes all the monsters in the module.
- Game Mastery’s Pirate Ship Flip Mat. We’re working on including our own ship map, but this is a super map. You can also check out these cheaper options:
Battle Map: Pirate & Ghost Ship, which includes a nice ghostly version of the same ship.
Fantastic Maps: Pirate Ship, which I think does a good job of showing where all the rigging is supposed to be.
- Disposable Heroes Pirate Statix 1: I’ve never used Disposable Heroes before, but these don’t look too shabby. And it doesn’t matter if these mini’s get totally destroyed at the con.
- For music check out this little Amazon widget for some ideas.
You can check out the player character sheets here. Please note, check the files for viruses, I can’t be held responsible if your computer crashes and burns.
- Cromin Rist (male human wizard) (link to PDF 80KB)
- Druan Firecrag (male dwarf fighter) (74 KB)
- Elondeen (female elf ranger) (74 KB)
- Grushic (female half-orc barbarian) (71 KB)
- Jerry Aldridge (male human duellist) (71 KB)
- Laura Lightshanks (female halfling rouge) (72 KB)
Read more about Avernos, the setting of Death in the Deep, here.