Phoenixes of the Realms is our newest title on the Dungeon Master’s Guild. The book is a comprehensive collection of phoenixes and phoenix related player options, including seven phoenix subspecies. And you know how much we love phoenixes.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- The Desert Phoenix (Huge, Challenge 10)
- The Desolation Phoenix (Gargantuan, Challenge 18)
- The Imperial Phoenix (Large, Challenge 14). inspired by the Chinese Fenghuang and Japanese Houou.
- Two new flaming feathered familiars, including the Shield Phoenix.
- Rules for phoenix feather magical items.
- Phoenix Guardian monastic tradition
- Oath of the Phoenix sacred oath.
- The Miniature, Frost, and Hydro phoenixes.
Origins of the Book
Phoenixes of the Realms converts the rules, which first appeared in Phoenixes — A Field Guide (Pathfinder RPG), to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons. It includes new rules and is now set in Faerûn, though it is more of a monster and player option book than a setting book. Ismael Alvarez did a great job of converting the rules, while Anja Svare handled layout. We’ve added more magical phoenix feathers to round out the offering.
The book is available on the Dungeon Masters Guild and is sure to be an invaluable addition to any campaign featuring these flame-feathered creatures. It also supports the OGL, so you can add a little phoenix magic to your own roleplaying projects.
Rising Phoenix Games’ RPG Con is On
The Rising Phoenix Games dude.
Rodney is a writer and editor of tabletop RPGs and a painter of Orks. He is worryingly fond of mill decks in Magic: the Gathering and a self-confessed Japanophile.