I thought I’d try posting some biweekly updates concerning Rising Phoenix Games and my own writing and design projects. Onto the news…
I’ve contacted my successor, who will be taking over my teaching post here in Japan in the summer. She seems lovely and the perfect fit for the job. After 5 years on the JET Programme it’s great to be handing over to new talent.
That leads nicely into the big question: “What Next?”
In August I’m taking the plunge and going full time into game design, writing and development. This is a big step, but I’ve managed to build a network with some great companies, both in Japan and the USA, which means that my dreams are now a plausible reality.
And now for the highlights from the last two weeks:
– Lots of animals visited our town, we believe Kintaro is holding a sumo tournament in the area.
– Rodney has joined the Steampunk Musha team (but don’t worry, he’s still a Phoenix Gamer).
– Father’s Day number 2 was amazing. We did a lovely little nature walk through the mountains. Didn’t see Kintaro or his friends.
– Secured a deal to write a role-playing game for an established author. More info in a few weeks.
– Wrapping up some setting development for our good friends at Wayward Rogues Publishing.
– And some other RPG design work is on the cards, just need to sign some contracts before I talk about that too.
– Finished reading Map of Bones by James Rollins, a very interesting read that’s going to lead to plenty of Wikidiving.
– And a bunch of other things are in the works. More on that later.
Till next time.