‘Tis the season to be jolly
To deck the halls with boughs of holly
Then loot the corpses for lots of lolly!
This month’s RPG Blog Carnival is all about the players and their characters. The theme is “Adventurer, take this… ,” we hope it will inspire you to join in the fun and post an article on the subject. Here are some ideas to spark your creativity:
- An adventure idea based around a magical item, such as an evil ring of invisibility or a magical sword from a lake.
- New magical items, gear, weapons, vehicles, or spells.
- A look at the role magical and mundane items play in a campaign.
- How to deal with overpowered items and the ramifications they can have on your campaign.
- An article aimed at the most important people in our games: the players.
- A miniature painting tutorial aimed at player character figures.
- A devious trap based on a magical item or bit of loot.
- A review of a player-focused RPG supplement.
- An article appropriate to the season of giving and related to RPG player characters.
- A discussion or rules for crafting items or in-game economy.
Be sure to put a link to your post in the comments below. Because of spam moderation and holidays, please allow 48 hours for your post to go live. I’ll post a summary of all the articles at the end of the month, to take us into the new year, on Rising Phoenix Games’ birthday! Let’s end the year with a bang!
If you’re travelling this season, travel safely. Have a Merry Christmas, a happy festive season, and a Happy New year, and we’ll see you next year for more adventures in the worlds inside our heads.
Till next time, play good games!
The Rising Phoenix Games dude.
Rodney is a writer and editor of tabletop RPGs and a painter of Orks. He is worryingly fond of mill decks in Magic: the Gathering and a self-confessed Japanophile.